- Finding out that I am going to be an aunt as of September 2012 was, by far, the best Christmas gift I received.
- Keeping that information secret during our whole-family Christmas dinner and the months since has caused me physical pain. Many, many moons of agonizing silence.
- Stopping myself from walking into every single baby store in London has been even worse. Especially the ones with the mini-person shoes in the window displays.
- I may or may not have cheated on both of the above efforts. Minor detail.
- Witnessing Sarah and Mike's excitement as they broke the news to us Christmas morning made me imagine how wonderful it would have been to have Dad standing there with a video camera, unknowingly recording the announcement of his first grandchild. He would have had a montage edited by lunchtime.
Congratulations to my beautiful sister and her wonderful husband!
I love you both and can't wait to be your child's favorite relative.
**The happy parents have requested Facebook silence...for now.
Happiness :)
ReplyDelete