Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Tis the Season

 
  • For Ugly Sweater Parties.  Potentially my favorite part about the festive holiday season is a good sweater party.  Sadly, I did not have access to my Patti Wissehr creation from 1992.  (Side note: I can say this because I know that Patti's 1992 creations <<<<<< her 2011 creations.)  I had to settle for a throwback Mickey Mouse option.  Not my proudest moment.  Best sweaters of the night were purchased at Camden Market--see above--and included a purple one with an attached scalloped pink collar.  A la Church Lady.  Perfection.
  • Every party has a pooper.  This party had quite a few.  How hard is it to find a colorful sweatshirt and throw some tinsel on it people?!  The creative French girl even wore a red leotard with sticky bows all over it because, being Parisian, she couldn't bring herself to buy ugly textiles.  Pure dedication.  Are we going to let the French outdo us?!  Apparently, yes.  Sacrebleu!
  • 2nd favorite part about festive holiday season: Christmas markets.  London loves its Christmas markets.  So do the tourists.  Hyde Park Winter Wonderland = personal Christmas Hell.  Instead, Angela and I went to the Southbank Christmas Festival.  Twas magical.  There was also a chocolate festival happening next door.  This might have heavily influenced our decision. The marshmallows and mini-churros dipped in thick chocolate validated this choice completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment