Thursday, 15 September 2011

New Continent...Same Challenges

7) Despite following Will's advice to "read the map more carefully" (thanks for that, Will), my directional skills remain limited.  Apparently a general lack of direction has followed me to a new continent.

8) *Update* Turns out sidewalks are generally a free-for-all.  Even Brits don't know which side they are supposed to use.  Tried my method as described yesterday and was brutally rebuffed by many of aforementioned worker bees.  This lack of organization on their part is both surprising and confusing.

9)  Business area = boring clothes area.  Not very colorful--all black all the time.

10) If you tip on top of the VAT charged, they will look at you like you have two heads.  Oh they'll take your money, but you will be judged and not necessarily in a good way. #hopelessAmerican

11) Some horribly misinformed people still wear flip-flops and shorts.  With Hawaiian shirts. I am chalking this up to their version of wishful thinking.

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with flip-flops and shorts?! I can't wait to embarrass you when I visit. I also have an amazing, laminated fold-out map of London that I'll carry around proudly, in case you are still getting lost in the spring.

    ReplyDelete