Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Iron and Wine

  • Iron and Wine is an American musician named Samuel Beam.  In my highly musically-educated opinion*, he is fantastic and his live concert is not to be missed.  In fact, if you would like watch a video of my thoughts click on the last video in the link below:
 http://www.winkball.com/walls/GhbNV4ylE6Js/iron-and-wine-at-shepherd-s-bush-empire
  • Yes, my London video debut could have seriously benefited from some professional training courtesy of my dear seester.  Needless to say, I should not give up my day job.
  • This is going to be a tough year, academically.  Yesterday was my first seminar for our compulsory course and while there is a wide range of backgrounds/skills, I am definitely not coming in as the most knowledgeable.  Far from it.  Following a somewhat lengthy initial panic attack, I have started to settle into a good schedule of reading, study groups and class.  Starting to breathe normally again.
  • This is also going to be a FAST year.  Gotta focus on enjoying every moment.
*I know absolutely nothing about music.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video - amazing! You should replace Sara Bareilles as the next judge on the Sing-Off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was good analysis.

    First off, most people don't appreciate when bands use "all the instruments", really keen insight Tillson!

    Second, you said "turned me on" on TV - that's going to be a great clip to send to future employers.

    Third - it was nice of you to speak to the people to the right and left of the camera, especially at such a jarring rate that your hair whipped around.

    Fourth, you were eloquent, as always. Nice job, you really hit this nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete