Saturday, 22 October 2011

Suite Life

  • When friends are in London for work, ALWAYS take them up on their offer to go out for dinner/drinks.  This can lead to a fancy meal courtesy of Gibson Dunn/Fox Searchlight, followed by even fancier drinks at the Soho Hotel.  Oh and did I mention that Annie's 2 BR/2 bath suite had a LIVING ROOM?!  Note to self: embrace the private sector.
  • New discovery: Primark.  Imagine Forever 21 on steroids.  Amazingly cheap and, after some focused searching, one can find some quality items.  Frontrunner for new favorite store.  Minor setback: everyday is Black Friday at Primark.  It's a tourist hotspot and we already know enough about those tourists to know that they don't mess.  If you do not step away from their desired pleather jacket, they will cut you.  As Sarah stated, there will be battle gear needed for future trips.  And yet, totally worth it.
  • As my teacher friends will likely second, systems are your friend.  Prior to this weekend I had been operating under the strict policy of organized chaos.  There might be multiple piles of syllabi, notes and readings on my desk and bookshelf but I knew where to find the important stuff!  Needless to say, that system was...failing.  Did a little backwards planning (oh hey TFA!) and decided on a course of action.  2 hours, £25 and a broken hole punch later, I have a new system.  It involves highlighters, color-coding and a pink stapler.  Success.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your system - I can appreciate that. I can also appreciate that it must be difficult operating one of these "hole punchers". Maybe you can sign up for a class in that in the spring.

    Also, its great to see that the golden handcuffs of the private sector have already started clamping down upon your wrists. Good luck getting them off.

    Third, I'm concerned that you are shopping at such a tourist hot spot. You need to find a small boutique in notting hill and start setting the trends. More fantasy football type outfits, or UCLA wardrobes. Don't follow the trend Tillson, set the trend.

    ReplyDelete