Saturday, 29 October 2011

Poor Man's Britney

  • 2011 Britney Spears < < < < < 2003 Britney Spears.  No, this is not new knowledge, per se, but it took seeing it with my own Spears-apologist eyes to finally admit that our dear Brit is no longer the same Britney "I Throw Down and OWN the Stage" Spears of yore.  Her dancing, what little of it occurs, seems to be happening in a sea of molasses.  And by molasses I mean anti-psychotics. 
  • Groupons exist here too.  (Mom: Groupon is like on online coupon--for groups.)  When you have the chance to purchase tickets for BSpears (in whatever shape she might be) for £15 purchase them. Every time.
  • It is convenient to enjoy something someone recommends.  The alternative involves way too much awkward smiling and nodding.  For instance, when a new friend says "Oh I am in a band with my buddy! Check out this site to hear our music," certain people might become nervous that this band might be less "enjoyable" and more "Insane Clown Posse."  When the band, however, turns out to be quite good everything just seems more...convenient.  Honestly saying "Loved that song!" is infinitely better than lying.  Not that I would ever do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment