Strike That
- Despite their verbose tendencies, Brits can clearly cut to the chase. Like during a strike rally protesting...capitalism? But the "industrial action" involved thousands of public sector workers fighting planned changes to their pensions sooooo if they're going to misuse the term they should at least make the sign rhyme: "Capitalism, Schmapitalism" perhaps? I should really start marketing this stuff.
- When thousands of protesters are streaming down a street in the middle of campus (where above photo was taken), it is a coincidentally convenient time to be discussing the Cuban Revolution in a Spanish language course. Well played, Fidel.
- "damp squib" = fairly inflammatory/offensive Prime Minister speak for "fails to meet expectations." Not so well played, David.
- Finishing the last paper of the term is proving to be...difficult. Have a sneaking suspicion it too will be called a damp squib. Bollocks.
Let me be the first to say that you should not be marketing this stuff. Your idea for a capitalism sign is in need of work. I really hope the thesis of your final paper is "Capitalism, Schmapitalism". I'm so, so worried about your grades.
ReplyDelete