Wednesday, 2 November 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some

  • Not everything goes according to plan.  Just found out I didn't make it to the next step in the Presidential Management Fellowship application process.  Looks like those consulting firms just got bumped up a notch in the old "I need a job after graduation" options list.  Might be selling my soul after all...bummer.
  •  Gyms here are quite expensivo.  You either have the option of joining the campus gym with no classes but plenty of stank OR pay obscene amounts for zumba, spin and clean air.  As a treat to myself, I just might opt for the latter.  Courtesy of my federal student loans.  Take THAT US Government!
  • My Spanish skills are equivalent to those of a third grader.  While this was a slightly depressing realization, it also makes me that much more excited to start my intermediate Spanish class this afternoon.  I plan to use this renewed language knowledge to help illegal Mexican immigrants cross the US border.  Over.  And over.  And.  Over again.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the fellowship... but hurray for intermediate Spanish! Ya podemos platicar en español :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the fellowship too, though I wonder if they read posts similar to your third bullet point indicating your willingness to help illegal immigrants over the border again and again and again.

    While you may be intermediate in Spanish, I am midway through level 4 on Rosetta Stone, so take that!

    Some advice on gyms - lots of stank and no classes are what a good gym is supposed to be.

    Maybe you could think of it this way - go to the campus gyms where all the real guys work out, or go to the gym with zumba classes and hang out will all the guys that play for the other team? You really need to think about whats the best investment for your future.

    ReplyDelete